The Draft Tentative Five Year Work Program will be presented to the HRTPO Board at their meeting on October 26. View meeting details here.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), District One, and Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise announce an ePublic Hearing to present the Tentative Five Year Work Program for fiscal years beginning July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2022. The ePublic Hearing begins at 9 a.m., Monday, October 17, 2016 and ends at 9 a.m., Monday, October 24, 2016. There are four ways to participate in the hearing.
1. Go to www.swflroads.com and click on Future Projects during the times listed to watch a video about the Draft Tentative Work Program for fiscal years 2018-2022, review the programs and maps, submit comments, and find information about how to contact an FDOT representative with questions. The ePublic Hearing will be open and available continuously during the listed times.
2. If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, you can use a computer at a local public library in each of the 12 counties within District One during the libraries’ regular operating hours.
3. FDOT representatives will be available at the following locations to meet with you in person, answer any questions, and assist with website access:
• Hardee County Library, 315 North 6th Avenue, Wauchula – Wednesday, October 19,
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• South Regional Library, 8065 Lely Cultural Parkway, Naples – Wednesday, October 19, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers – Thursday, October 20,
12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Selby Library, 1331 1st Street, Sarasota – Thursday, October 20,
1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Port Charlotte Public Library, 2280 Aaron Street, Port Charlotte – Thursday, October 20,
1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Bartow Public Library, 2150 South Broadway Avenue, Bartow – Friday, October 21,
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
4. FDOT representatives will also be available with materials for review during the hearing week at the FDOT, District One offices located at 801 North Broadway Avenue in Bartow and 10041 Daniels Parkway in Fort Myers. You can schedule a meeting at the offices by calling 863-519-2392 (Bartow) or 239-225-1975 (Fort Myers).
FDOT will accept comments from all interested parties if received by Monday, October 31, 2016. Mail comments to Billy L. Hattaway, P.E., District Secretary, FDOT, P.O. Box 1249, Bartow, FL 33831, attention Laura Herrscher, Intermodal Systems Development Administrator, or email comments to email@example.com.
This ePublic Hearing is developed in compliance with Section 339.135(4)(d), Florida Statutes, as amended and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes. The FDOT solicits public participation without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Jamie Schley, District One Interim Title VI Coordinator, 863-519-2573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10, 2016.