The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), District One, and Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise announce an ePublic Hearing to present their Tentative Five Year Work Programs for fiscal years beginning July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2021.
The ePublic Hearing begins at 9 a.m., Monday, October 12, 2015 and ends at midnight, Friday, October 16, 2015. Go to www.swflroads.com and click on Future Projects during the times listed to watch a video about the Fiscal Year 2017-2021 Draft Tentative Work Programs, review the programs and maps, submit comments, and find information about how to contact a representative of the department with questions. The ePublic Hearing will be open and available continuously during the listed times.
If you do not have access to a computer or the internet:
- You can use a computer at a local public library in each of the 12 counties within District One during the libraries’ regular operating hours.
If you need assistance with website access, or would like to meet with someone in person:
- FDOT representatives are available at the following locations to meet with you in person, answer any questions, and assist with website access:
- Selby Library, 1331 1st Street, Sarasota-Wednesday, October 14, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- South Regional Library, 8065 Lely Cultural Parkway, Naples-Wednesday, October 14, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sebring Public Library, 319 West Center Avenue, Sebring-Wednesday, October 14, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Desoto County Public Library, 125 North Hillsborough Avenue, Arcadia-Thursday, October 15, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Port Charlotte Public Library, 2280 Aaron Street, Port Charlotte-Thursday, October 15, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers-Thursday, October 15, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Bartow Public Library, 2150 South Broadway Avenue, Bartow-Friday, October 16, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- FDOT representatives will also be available with materials for review during the hearing week at the Florida Department of Transportation District One offices located at 801 North Broadway Avenue in Bartow and 10041 Daniels Parkway in Fort Myers. You can schedule a meeting at the offices by calling 863-519-2392 (Bartow) or 239-225-1975 (Fort Myers).
The FDOT will accept comments from all interested parties if received by Friday, October 30, 2015. Mail comments to Billy L. Hattaway, P.E., District Secretary, Florida Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 1249, Bartow, FL 33831, attention Laura Lockwood, Community Liaison Administrator. You can also email comments to Ms. Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ePublic Hearing is developed in compliance with Section 339.135(4)(d), Florida Statutes, as amended, and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes. The FDOT solicits public participation without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Jamie Schley, District One Title VI Coordinator, 863-519-2573 or email email@example.com by October 5, 2015.