Plans Currently Under Development:
- Transit Development Plan for Highlands County
- Congestion Management Process
Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
This plan provides a common vision for the community’s future transportation needs and guides the investment of public funds in transportation facilities, addressing a timeline of 20 or more years. It includes both short and long-term transportation strategies using multiple modes of transportation for moving people and goods.
- Details comprehensive plan for transportation modes
- Includes long and short range goals and strategies
- Identifies funding sources and estimates costs
- Provides framework for choosing transportation projects
- Includes local government projects
Prioritized Project List
The Prioritized Project List contains a list of unfunded highway, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian projects that have been prioritized for funding. The list is updated annually, allowing local governments to plan for the funding and implementation of projects in their respective communities. Priorities are based on established criteria such as traffic volumes, environmental impacts, and available matching local funds.
Public Participation Plan (PPP)
The Public Participation Plan (PPP) provides guidelines used by the HRTPO to inform and gather input from residents, communities, and interest groups throughout the six counties in order to expand the information available for planning.
- Outlines organizational structure and work products
- Describes HRTPO public communication tools
- Prescribes public comment periods
- Offers opportunities for public involvement
Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
This Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) describes the transportation planning projects to be performed within the Heartland Regional Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) study area.
- Summarizes planning tasks to be completed by the HRTPO
- Defines work products and timeline for major activities
- Proposes budget using federal and other funds for planning
- Estimated cost for each task
Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP)
Transportation Improvement Program for Fiscal Years 2017/2018 through 2021/2022, Adopted June 21, 2017
TIP for Fiscal Years 2016/2017 – 2020/2021, Adopted June 22, 2016, Amended June 21, 2017
TIP for Fiscal Years 2015/2016 – 2019/2020, Adopted March 16, 2016
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a comprehensive list of federal, state and locally funded transportation projects. All modes of transportation are included in the TIP. This includes transit, roadways, bridges, aviation, seaport, rail and commuter rail, bicycle facilities, pedestrian provisions, and enhancement projects like landscaping and greenways. Produced annually, the TIP is known as a short-range plan because it allocates resources and dollars over each upcoming 5-year period by project phase.
- Lists priority projects from the LRTP
- Provides 5-year implementation schedule
- Allocates state and federal funds for capital projects
- Becomes part of the Statewide TIP (STIP)